Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Nov 14, 4:05 pm, Heinrich Piard <li... / piard.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> any idea why this happens?
>>
>> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/wxruby-1.9.9-x86-mswin32-60/lib/wxruby2.so:
>> 126: The specified module could not be found

> You didn't see a popup indicating the missing DLL?
>
> Looks like wxruby2.so depends on wxWidgets externall DLL, but cannot
> comment more on wxRuby 2 since didn't played with it yet.
> (if it was statically or dynamically linked).

All wxRuby official builds for Windows are statically linked. On XP it's
unusual that extra .dlls are required, and we haven't had any reports of
problems with this release.

It may be worth checking that you've got msvcp71.dll in your
Windows/System32 folder. If not, it is a free download. However, as Luis
says, if this were the problem, I'd have expected a popup error saying
something like "the dynamic link library xxxx could not be found".

> Can you also indicate both your ruby and gem environment?
>
> C:\ruby> ruby -v
>
> C:\ruby> gem env

Please, and it would be better to follow this up on the wxruby-users
mailing list rather than this general ruby group.

alex