Rob Biedenharn wrote:

> Oh, I see part of your problem: You need to group the alternation to
> see what you want.
>                       => An UPPER with one or more lowers,
>                          followed by some characters within
>                          square brackets
>                      v---------------------v
> /(\w|\s)+, [A-Z]{2}|[A-Z][a-z]{1,}\[(.+?)\]/
>   ^----------------^
>     => Some word or
>        space characters,
>        a comma,
>        and 2 letters
>
> I think you intended to have:
>                v------v
> /(\w|\s)+, (?:[A-Z]{2}|[A-Z][a-z]{1,})\[(.+?)\]/
>                         ^------------^
> Grouped with (?: ) which is a non-capturing group.
>
> (But my earlier message still holds.)
>
> -Rob
>
> Rob Biedenharn    http://agileconsultingllc.com
> Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com

Can you direct me to some good online resources where some Ruby methods
ar listed? I didn't know that there was a method for a string named
"match" that would return a string and not just chomp of various
characters. I have a book on Ruby an it is well writen but a list on
methods broken down to what methods are for which classes would be
helpful? Thanks,

-S