John Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Ben Crowell wrote:
>
>> Have you seen XUL?
>
> Hmm. I _very_ much like the idea of XML specifying the semantics and CSS
> the style, and Ruby the actions.

I like the *idea* of XUL, but I don't like the implementation/definition.
XUL does an extremely poor job of separating the MVC components.  I'm not
sure that it is possible to separate behavior out of an XUL-like language
(XML dialect, really, but I'll call it a language), because much of what a
GUI is *is* behavior.

Still, I ultimately decided that if I'm going to have to write code, I
don't want to be doing it in XML.  XML is really good for data and
metadata, but I don't believe that it is a good choice as a programming
language, and that's what any non-trivial XUL requires.

--- SER