On Nov 12, 2008, at 09:31 , David A. Black wrote:

>> Minitest doesn't install an at_exit hook by default. I think the
>> expectation is that Rake tasks, test helpers, or other project
>> infrastructure should activate the autorun magic explicitly. If you
>> want to have tests in a single file run as they would in test/unit,
>> adding this at the top should help:
>>
>> MiniTest::Unit.autorun

I've been talking to both John and Dave Thomas about this
(separately). Currently minitest/unit.rb is analogous to test/unit/
testcase.rb, not test/unit.rb and I really like it that way. It means
I can finally write abstract testcases w/o autorun side effects (and w/
o the undef_method madness from test/unit). But, I agree that the
current situation is confusing and less than ideal. I think the
simplest thing that could possibly work is to have an explicit require
for autorun behavior:

# minitest/autorun.rb:

require 'minitest/unit'
require 'minitest/spec'