From: davidtrasbo / gmail.com [mailto:davidtrasbo / gmail.com]
Sent: 11 November 2008 09:17
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: What is that method called?

I need the method that has the ability to turn a long string like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
pulvinar turpis a nisi. Cras id elit. Aliquam vitae pede nec lacus
elementum lacinia. Ut aliquam vehicula sem.

into a shorter string like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Pellentesque
pulvinar turpis...

My problem is that I can't remember what the method is called. I looked
through the whole Ruby String documentation
(http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/String.html) but I couldn't find it.
Can anyone remember what it's called?