>> Phil Tomson wrote:
	>> >
	>> > I downloaded the ruby165-2.exe which uses the nullsoft installer instead
	>> > of the InstallShield installer.  On WinNT it installed fine.  Under Win98
	>> > I noticed that at the end it stopped- I could kind of see that it was
	>> > asking a question about choosing an editor for Ruby files, but the text

That seems to be a known problem on Win98.  But then, there seem to
be a lot of problems with Win98.

	>> > The other issue is that this installer is slllowwwwww!!!

Haven't seen that before.  This one seems to be ten times faster
than the InstallShield version, which was a real pig.

	>> Thanks Andy and friends :-)

You're welcome!  I want to get the voted-for features compiled and built
and out the door first, then I'll take some time to look at the Win98
oddities.

Also, try to e-mail me directly about problems in the installer.
Try as I may I don't get a chance to read this group as often
as I should :-)

thanks,

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods