"Warren Postma" <embed / NOSPAM.geocities.com> writes:

> Is there a windows-based installer (self extracting EXE) of Ruby?  A .tar.gz
> file is a bit dauting for a Windoze Newbie, nevermind building the program
> from sources! :-)

There's an older version available with a self-installer, look for
rbcw142j.exe.

NOTE TO LIST:  It would be really, really nice if someone with the
appropriate technology could put together a easy way to generate
Windows distributions from the latest files.

> Also, is there any kind of syntax-highlighted-editor/IDE similar to Python's
> IDLE or PythonWIN IDEs for Ruby?

Well, there are Ruby modes for many popular editors (see the faq for a
list), but I don't know of any dedicated editors.

Good luck

Dave