I ran the batch file in ruby1.4.4\win32 that copied a preconfigured config.h
back up one directory level (..\) and then ran nmake from the c:\ruby1.4.4
directory.

A lot of stuff built the first time, but there was also a bazillion lines of
error output.  So I re-ran nmake just to see what had not built the first
time and where it picked up from where it left off.

So here's a compressed version of the output from NMAKE, after one time
through nmake, and the miniruby.exe was successfully built, but not
ruby.exe.  I reran nmake and here is the output, showing why it could not
build ruby.exe. Apparently a required module called conftest is not found,
and yet it is not attempting to build it either.

Warren Postma

--- output follows:

compiling Win32API
conftest* does not exist
< 26 more lines saying "conftest* does not exist" deleted>
compiling fcntl
< 4 more lines saying "conftest* does not exist" deleted>
compiling md5
conftest* does not exist
compiling nkf
< and so on, each module saying "conftest* does not exist" from 1 to 20
times>
compiling tk
conftest* does not exist
ruby.exe does not exist
ruby.exe does not exist
  cl -nologo -DNT=1 -Ox -I. -I./missing -Fm  main.obj -o ruby.exe
rubymw.lib -link /STACK:0x2000000