Hello list,

I get this every now and then when running some ruby / c++ methods from
within rails.
It looks like ruby's garbage collector once again makes bad decisions...

[Switching to Thread 47432141183712 (LWP 30617)]
garbage_collect () at gc.c:1184
1184        if (!(p->as.basic.flags & FL_MARK)) {

I've posted the bug to the ruby bug hunting system but haven't heard
nothing yet. I think this is the biggest problem with ruby. The core
development is slow and badly maintained.

Anyone have an idea what to do next? My only choice right now is to
switch to python...

Or try Ruby enterprise which has an rewritten garbage collector.

Cheers,
Henke