I am sorry, but I encounter a dependency problem.

"rfeedparser" depends on "character-encodings",
and "hpricot" would load 'encoding/character/utf-8' if
available through:

begin
  require 'encoding/character/utf-8'
rescue LoadError
end

Then ::Encoding would be defined, and there's no
default_external in ::Encoding!

Err, do you mind check RUBY_VERSION? or
if Encoding.respond_to?(:default_external) or
something like that?

Thanks!