On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Nathan Halterman wrote:

> OOOOOkaaaaay. :)
>
> So it turns out that it was a timing issue.  I was sending the
> channel.on_data too fast for the UI to process.  I added in some sleep
> statements and it worked.

Pardon the spurious + in my previous example, I started to write it in
the style of a patch to make it clear what I had changed, then thought
that would actually make it more obscure!

I'm not familiar with Net::ssh, but I suspect there will be a way to read
from the remote machine as well as write to it.  I'd recommend, that if
you have echoing on (you can see what you type) that you try to read back
what you sent. That way you will have less dependence on "magic" timing
numbers, though you will have to be careful how you match what you get back,
as is the case when you use Expect.  If the system gets loaded and you have
to wait for the echo, then that's still OK.