I also found in ruby.c:  ruby_init_loadpath()

If I wanted to really make things locked down, I guess that I could change that to not use any hardcoded paths, and just
make everything relative to the location of the binary.  add the binary directory/../lib/.....

I think that might work - any comments?

Cary