Hi all.  And thankyou in advance to anyone who responds.

I am quite new to Ruby and am working on Windows.

I need to spawn new threads in ruby on windows which I can do fine, and
I can see them in the windows process list.  Is there are way of getting
the process ID back for a thread?

I can not use the Process module as my threads need to run concurrently
(and everythign I have read says I should be using threads) and every
time I try the "fork" command I am told its not supported.

I also looked at the windows-pr gem but so far no luck.

If I can get the ID of the process that the thread is running in I can
kill it by spawning a kill.exe command, but I have been unable to get
the process ID.

I can not kill the process by name as the name is shared by other
threads.

Thanks

Dave