On Oct 31, 12:54   䮮
> Thanks for any help and suggestions.  §    > following not working.
> OCRACR = :OCRACR..." error.
>
> slct = "OCRACR = :OCRACR and MSG = :MSG and KEYCODE = :KEYCODE and
> VERSION = :VERSION and DEPTH = :DEPTH "
>
> unq_rows = Entry.find_by_sql(
> select distinct #{flds} from entries "
> ).each {|e|
>   䨺쬺 ݩ
>

> }
>
> When I do "pp e.attributes", it displays the following hash:
>
> {"OCRACR"=>"O", "MSG"=>"", "KEYCODE"=>"212260", "VERSION"=>"01",
> "DEPTH"=>"001"}
>
> Shouldn't the find :conditions be ok?     > formatted ok.     > string.  §
>
> Thanks again,
> dvn

And I'll follow this up with the following that does function:

unq_rows = Entry.find_by_sql(
   "select distinct #{flds} from entries "
).each {|e|
   slct = ""
   e.attributes.each {|key,value|
      slct << "#{key} = '#{value}' and " if key != 'id'
      }
   o = Entry.find(:all,:conditions => slct[0,slct.length-4] )
   puts "#{e.KEYCODE} #{o.length}"
}

I'm sure the error is related to :KEYCODE versus 'KEYCODE' in the hash
key.

Let me ask a simpler question:  What is the easiest method for getting
the COUNT of rows for each distinct set of column values.  In the
above case, I want to get the count of rows for each unique
combination of column values.  Is there a simpler sql solution?

Thanks again for any responses,
dvn