Is it possible to send two different variables to one definition and
then use them separately in that definition?

Here's what I'm trying to do.

==============

#item = url
#species = pet

def exists(item)

  existingitems = YAML.load(File.open("./#{species}.yaml"))

  existingitems.each {

  |exist|

  if exist == item

    return false

  end

  }

  return true

end

pets.each do |pet|
files.each do |url|
     if exists(url)
  # here I want to send both the pet and url variable up to definition
          puts "Exists"
     else
          puts "Nope"

I have it all working with just the url, but I need it to know what pet
it's on so it knows what file to open and search in.

Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. This code isn't an exact copy, I took out a lot of fluff and stuff
to shorten it for the example; it probably won't work if you try and
test the code. I'm just looking to see if there is a way to send both
variables up to the definition and then be able to use them?