Is there a way to include only certain methods from a module instead
of all the methods?

Given the following:

module ActsAsAnything
  def self.included(base)
    base.extend(ClassMethods)
  end

  module ClassMethods
    def acts_as_anything(opts = {})
      # Based on the options based in, I would like to selectively
include certain methods from
      # the InstanceMethods module.

      # Something like:
      include ActsAsAnything::InstanceMethods.instance_method(:index)
if opts[:include_index]
      include ActsAsAnything::InstanceMethods.instance_method(:list)
if opts[:include_list]

      # (Note the 'if' condition above is just for example.... )

  module InstanceMethods
    def index
      # .....
    end

   def list
      # ....

However, 'include' requires a module and I can't figure out the proper
syntax, or even if this is possible, to just include a certain method
from it. The is for a standard acts_as_.... Rails plug-in.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kenny