Right, my apologies to Nouyoshi. In English, "identical" typically
means "the same in
every detail", without implying that two things are the same thing.
For example, identical
twins, identical coins, etc.

Now the writer in me will come out :-) A good description would be
"returns true if the
two paths point to the same file." same? and same_file_as? might have
been better
alternatives, but it's too late to worry about that now. :-)

Thanks for all the help,
Ken