Michael Witrant wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:34:45 +0900
> Leslie Henlsey <hensleyl / papermountain.org> wrote:
>

>>Any bug reports,
>>feature requests, or documentation suggestions are more than welcome.
>>

> I just tried it and had to change a few things to make it work:
> * disabled the use of fsync in CommandIO.rb. My ruby 1.6.4 doesn't know
> this method. Was it implemented in a more recent release?

fsync is a feature that has recently been discussed in [ruby-talk:31442]
and will hopefully be added to standard Ruby in the near future.  I have
a patch that adds it to 1.6.6 at
http://www.papermountain.org/twiki/bin/view/Stuff/RubyFsyncPatch
This is discussed in the README file and the documentation.  I'll add it
to the project page also.

> * moved
> setupDelegators(mutators) *before* recoverCommands in Mnemonic.rb.
> Otherwise, the mutator classes are not created and Marshal.load
> complains.

oops!  Thank you very much for catching this.  It totally slipped through

my unit tests.  I've made this fix and put version 0.8.1 up for download.

If you are one of the folks that have already downloaded 0.8 you'll want
to replace it with this newer version.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Does this release implement snapshot capabilities?

It's on the todo list for the next release.

Thanks.

Leslie
pretsel on #ruby-lang