> > Hi all,
> > I have tried to compile Interbase Ruby module but I have I received the
> > error:
> > ruby.y: No such file or directory
> > In fact ruby.h is missed in interbase.0.0.3.tar
> > Where can I find it.
> You'll need to get the Ruby source for this.

a nice addition would be a separate tarball containing only the header
files to put in $PREFIX/include for those who want to install most of the
stuff precompiled but have some modules only in source (it seems like a
common situation to me at least).

it's really really optional.

But OTOH I can name one moderately popular OS that puts headers in
separately available packages for most every compiled library they
provide.

matju