I got zero responses on this, so I'll rephrase it...

>OK, it's partially solved, but only partially....
>
>I needed to change the DTEST environment variable to:
>C:\vobs\dTest_new
>(note the back slashes instead of forward slashes)
>
>Now the require above found CyTestCase.rb in the modules subdirectory.
>
>However, later on in another file that gets required there was a line that
>requires another file:
>
>require "warpver.rb"
>
>It chokes on this require and says it can't find warpver.rb
>
>But if I change it to:
>require "warpver"
>
>It mysteriously works....
>BTW:
>require 'warpver.rb' doesn't work either,
>
>it's gotta be:
>require "warpver"
>
>in order for it to work.
>
>Anybody else seeing similar things?
>
>Phil

I neglected to mention that the file 'warpver.rb' does indeed exist in the
search path (and there isn't a 'warpver' without an extention anywhere in
the path to confuse things).

So the problem is that in this case on Windows NT (and 98, BTW - I had
forgotten that I did modify the file on the Win98 machine to get to work)
you've got to require the file without the extension and use double quotes
around the filename being required:

even though the file: warpver.rb exists in the search path, you've got to
say:
require "warpver"

On Windows in order for the file to be found and 'require'ed.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Is this because I've appended directories to $: ?

Ruby version is 1.6.5 (installshield version, but I also saw it on 1.6.5
nullsoft version too)

Phil