2008/10/20 Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com>:
> Do you have an example which cannot be handled as easily by a class
> instance variable?  I can't think of any ATM - which does not mean it
> does not exist.

In one example I remember I had a class inheritance hierarchy and
needed to keep some information in the base class. I wanted to access
this information from the subclasses without having to know the exact
ancestor where the information was stored. The easiest way to do that
was using a class variable.

Of course it would also be possible to use class instance variables
and accessor methods like Dave suggested, but I didn't want to write
"BaseClass.accessor_method".

Regards,
Pit