Hello --

I've posted a little coding challenge to the Ruby Garden Wiki:

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?CodingChallenge0001

I've somewhat optimistically called it 0001.  (We'll see whether
anyone ever creates an 0002 :-) Anyway, the basic idea is that you're
asked to come up with code that converts between and among string
representations of integers, for example:

   "1,2,3,4"  and the equivalent "1-4"

allowing for out-of-order numbers (which have to be put in
order), negative numbers, mixed input ("1,8,5,-3,10,-2,3-4",
which should come out as both "-3--2,1,3-5,8,10" and
"-3,-2,1,3,4,5,8,10"), etc.

The code is all written, including unit tests, *except* for
two methods -- and the challenge is to implement those methods
so that the unit tests pass.  It uses RubyUnit.

All for fun -- no prizes :-)

David

--
David Alan Black