Ah -- of course!  Ok, that one is resolved.  More generically how do we
handle chunks of code in Ruby?  Like in this case I have a lot of sql
statements seperated by "/".  After the last "/" there might be some
empty lines, or some text which I want to ignore.

I tried using,
type.each('/') {|s| execute( ((s.gsub %r{^/}, '')).gsub %r{^\n}, '')}
but that gave me an error

-- execute("")
rake aborted!
OCIError: ORA-24373: invalid length specified for statement:

I want to ensure that anything that doesn't end in a "/" should never be
executed.

Thanks much for your help again -- have been programming server side
Java and am new to this stuff.