Alexey Petrushin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Hope I found way how to protect Ruby sources.
>
> The Super Product has been created and now we want to sell it. But there
> is one problem, we are forced to distribute sources with it.
>
> Solution? - The 'BlackBox' machine. :)
>
> We take a computer, setup Linux with encrypted file system and install
> our solution. The 'BlackBox' is fully functional as a web server and the
> sources are also protected.
> So, we can sell these 'BlackBox'es.
>
> I've heard, that there is a way to hack Linux encrypted data if there is
> a physical access to server-machine, but as far as i know it's hard
> enough.

Unless one of your developers is going to type in the encryption key
every time the computer gets rebooted, then the key and/or passphrase
will have to be stored on that computer unencrypted.  Which means that
if someone has physical access it will be trivial to gain access to the
encrypted data.

You only solution there is probably going to be to host the website in
your own datacenter and give clients access to it over the internet.