Chad Perrin wrote:
> I'm aware of the existence of CLOS, but don't really know anything about
> its specifics of implementation and use. =A0How does it handle the kind of
> functionality that, in Ruby, consists of sending messages to objects to
> invoke their methods?

It doesn't, really. CLOS methods are overloadable functions basically, i.e.=
=20
you can define multiple methods of the same name, but with different argume=
nt=20
types, and it'll pick the right one to call depending on the type(s) of the=
=20
object(s) you pass as arguments. There's no concept of a receiver though.

> Should we take this off-list?

Well, since we're discussing CLOS in the context of comparing it to ruby, i=
t's=20
still kinda on-topic, so unless someone complains, I see no reason not to=20
continue this discussion here on the list.

HTH,
Sebastian
=2D-=20
Jabber: sepp2k / jabber.org