Chad Perrin wrote:
> I'm aware of the existence of CLOS, but don't really know anything about
> its specifics of implementation and use.
> functionality that, in Ruby, consists of sending messages to objects to
> invoke their methods?

It doesn't, really. CLOS methods are overloadable functions basically, i.e.
you can define multiple methods of the same name, but with different argument
types, and it'll pick the right one to call depending on the type(s) of the
object(s) you pass as arguments. There's no concept of a receiver though.

> Should we take this off-list?

Well, since we're discussing CLOS in the context of comparing it to ruby, it's
still kinda on-topic, so unless someone complains, I see no reason not to
continue this discussion here on the list.

HTH,
Sebastian
--
Jabber: sepp2k / jabber.org