Erik Hollensbe wrote:
> Is this 1.9? I'm not sure how rubygems would be automatically required
> in 1.8.x. I guess it's also possible that the require overrides have
> been removed from rubygems. require_gem has been deprecated for some
> time and probably has been removed by now.
>
> Well, either way, I can test it at home (personally, I prefer the gem
> statements to magic, moving-target require statements) but it doesn't
> seem like your problem has anything to do with DBI or DBI::DBD::Mysql,
> but either rubygems or your misunderstanding of the version you're
> working with.
>
> -Erik

No, I'm 1.8.6... some patch level. I have been doing a lot of testing in
irb and have not really tried it in a program... maybe irb does some
automatic gem stuff that does not get done when running a program?
Anyway, I'll try it out on my ruby box when I'm done with work tonight
to see if that works differently than running stuff in irb.