I've had a script running on Win98 for some time now, but when I just
tried it under WinNT just now it couldn't find any of the files with
'require'.

Here's the directory layout:

%DTEST% - this is where the toplevel ruby script lives, it's defined as:
C:\vobs\dTest_new on this particular machine.
%DTEST%/modules - this is where various modules are to be required from.

So in the main script the $: var gets set up like:
#setup search path to libraries:
libdir   = ENV['DTEST']
$: << libdir+"/modules"
puts "seach path:"

Now a few lines later it does:
$:.each {|d| puts d } if $DEBUG

And I see that C:/vobs/dTest_new/modules is in the search path...

Now the script does a require for a file that is in:
C:\vobs\dTest_new\modules

require "CyTestCase"

but when the script gets to this require it says that there is no such
file to load as CyTestCase even though CyTestCase.rb exists in:
C:\vobs\dTest_new\modules

Anybody else seen this?  Like I said, it's working fine under Win98, but
not under WinNT.

I'm running ruby 1.6.5
I'm not sure what version of cygwin I've got on the WinNT machine, but I'm
beginning to wonder....

Phil