On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:01:38AM +0900, James Britt (rubydev) wrote:
> There are differences among the formats that make each important (though the RubyGarden
> BSS seems a lot like the news group, but without the volume). I don't want to see complete
> mirroring across all three, but it would be helpful if, say, changes to either the Wiki or
> the BBS could trigger a message to the mailing list.
>
> Thoughts?

Rather than a mirror across the three services, I'd go for a mirror
across the media.  Let me explain:

I'm rarely visiting the wiki, the cookbook and other web-based
services, not because they aren't merged with ruby-talk, but because
they can't be read offline and reading online is a problem for those
of use with no always-on connection.

If the cookbook or the wiki could be subscribed like mailing lists and
send updates as messages (even through a one-way read-only gateway)
I'd gladly read those too, even if they remain separated from
ruby-talk.

Massimiliano