Roger Pack wrote:
> There is also an integrated Visual IDE with IronRuby [I think].
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/167508#new

Just to clarify, Ruby In Steel has a free edition for standard Ruby
hosted in Visual Studio 2008, a free edition for IronRuby (VS2008), a
lowcost 'Text Edition' ($49 including optionally a Ruby-specific version
of VS2008), plus our high-end Developer Edition (for both VS2008 and
VS2005). While the commercial editions support multi-language projects
(e.g. Ruby and C# or C++ in the same Solution), we do not have any
particular support for C++ (which I think is what the original
questioner was interested in) beyond what is already in Visual Studio.

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio