On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 13.10.2008 20:03, Joe W=F6lfel wrote:
>>
>> My apologies.
>
> Accepted.
>
>> How exactly did I hijack another thread?  Please let me know so I can
>>  avoid doing it in the future.
>
> I do not know how you did it, but in c.l.r (Usenet newsgroup) your topic
> references "Sorting Help".  Maybe you just replied to a message on that
> thread.

Right, if you reply to a message and replace its subject, the
threading is still preserved from the original message.  My guess is
the OP did that by accident, and the problem can be solved by starting
a new message rather than using reply and changing the subject.

It is only a good idea to change the subject within a thread to show a
topic that has diverged from the original but is still of the same
originating conversation.  New conversations deserve new toplevel
threads.

-greg

--=20
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com | Non-tech