Hi All,

I'm looking for a Ruby audio API.   Is there a good one already
available or is anyone in the process of working on one?   I'd like
one that is easy to install and manage, such as a gem with no or
automatic dependencies.  Also, I'd like a liberal license, at least
as liberal as LGPL or better yet BSD because I'd like to eventually
give away the tools I'm working on with the fewest possible
restrictions.

If I can't find one I'm considering writing one using something like
PortAudio.   Would that make sense?  If I were to do that does anyone
have any suggestions for how it should be done to make it work best
with Ruby?