2008/10/13 David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com>:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Robert Klemme wrote:

>> IMHO it makes sense to not refer to Procs as "procedures" because they
>> actually are _closures_.  This is a significant difference.
>
> Doesn't that vary by language though? I assume Proc/proc stands for
> "procedure", so it's hard to rule that out as something to call them.

Well, probably you are right although I do not know a language where
procedures are closures.  OTOH you can say "proc" != "procedure".

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that a Proc is more than a simple
procedure that accepts parameters works on them and probably returns
something.

Kind regards

robert