Hi --

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Phlip wrote:

> Kless wrote:
>
>> What advantage or difference has a procedure (Proc) over a method?
>
> Is this for homework or something?
>
> Ruby has no procedures, only methods. All methods have a hidden 'self'
> variable linking them to an object.

I think you missed the "(Proc)" in the question. The question is about
Proc objects (which I think it's reasonable to refer to as procedures,
though typically people don't) in comparison with methods.

David

   Intro to Ruby on Rails  January 12-15   Fort Lauderdale, FL
   Advancing with Rails    January 19-22   Fort Lauderdale, FL *
   * Co-taught with Patrick Ewing!