> Do you have a particular reason to do this?
>
> I only ask because there have been bad problems with Rails running under
> Ruby released versions later than p114. I'm not sure if p287 has fixed
> them all (perhaps others can comment on this). If you want stability in
> production, and your distribution has a p111 or p114 plus just the
> security patches, then personally I'd stick with that.

I understand your point of view, but as you can see, I have the first
release (patch level 0), so I'm very concerned. Debian only has v.
1.8.5, and I'm also working with Rails 2.1. I always pass through the
Ruby website and didn't know the importance of the patch but now.

I don't know if Rails will break, but it didn't die on me. I'm going
to install the recent version tomorrow. Wish me luck because I'm going
armed to the teeth.

Later.

The Neurochild