Ok, so this is what I need to do for the program. I am not the best
programmer in the world and I need a little help.

Assignment:

Create a program that obtains disk usage information from du and uses
it to print a histogram of the disk usage of the directories given as
command line arguments. The histogram should consist of a string with
one hash mark per megabyte of disk usage.

This is what I have so far.

require 'fileutils'

specified_directory = Dir.new("#{ARGV[0]}")

disk_usage_info = `du #{specified_directory} -a`

file_size = Hash.new(0)

disk_usage_file.each_line do |file, size|
  #Builds the hash with the filename and the sizes

end

file_size.each do|file, size|
        #changes value to histogram of numbers and shows results

        size = '#' * size / 1024

        if times < 0
          puts file +"\t | " + size

        else
          puts file

I think I have the first part and the last part down pretty well, I am
stuck on how to get the du output into the hash so I can output it
correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Spudicus87