On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Nit Khair <sentinel.2001 / gmx.com> wrote:
> I am writing an app generator for ncurses-ruby.
>
> While refactoring my apps, I find that the ncurses-ruby calls for any
> object are still scattered in various switch cases - i.e. not reusable -
> messy. I thus need to write a proper OO wrapper around ncurses-ruby
> before I plunge deeper.
>
> I need suggestions for what similar project I could study, so I go the
> right way. I thought of Shoes, but read it's largely in C. There's wx
> and Fxruby rubycocoa, qt,  ... but they might be very large. Are there
> some smallish projects that solve this kind of problem?

Could you paste in some of your switch/case code? It would suggest
what bits of it want to be object oriented. Some nice high level
projects atop C-ish bindings are WxSugar and RubyGame. Also look at
STFL for an existing high level layer atop ncurses, complete with ruby
bindings

http://www.clifford.at/stfl/

Another neat but sadly abandoned TUI project is jttuii:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/jttui/

martin