On 09.10.2008 19:03, Frasier Mruby wrote:
> My intention of syntax improvement on "END" is more like to make less
> typing and eye catching to find matching code, rather than to make ruby
> feel more like C/C++.

Yet at the same time you make reading Ruby code harder for those used to
the existing syntax.  Plus, if that change became reality there was
potentially a lot of code that needed changing.

> I understand as a newbie, Robert and most others suggest me to use ruby
> more to see if I have different feeling about "END". But to make my
> point more explicit, the intention of my original post is rather than a
> syntax suggestion change, but more a support of ruby creator MATS's
> intention and experiment (already made) on alternative syntax of "END".

So you no longer say "let's use Phython style indentation" but rather "I
support experimenting with the syntax of Ruby once in a while to find
out whether we benefit from that change".  That sounds quite different
and I am guessing that we would not have seen this discussion if you
stated it like this in the first place...

> To make it short, I am on Mats side, who expressed and experimented a
> syntax alternative for "END", while it seems Robert, David and some
> others are on a different side with ruby's creator, Mats.

I would not be so sure of that.  But even if it were true, what does it
matter?

>  That's sounds a little interesting,  huh? :)

Does it?  What do we learn from that other than that there is
disagreement in the Ruby community about this and that?  I for my part
get the impression that it is important for you to identify groups of
people with common opinions and locate yourself among those groups.

> Robert Klemme wrote:
>> > What about you?  How open is your mind?
> "Open", as my understanding, is allowing others to say something and not
> forbid them.

I cannot remember having seen someone forbid you voicing your opinions -
it's not possible anyway.  "Open" also means to deal with the world as
it is - this includes programming languages. :-)

> I won't feel bad, impatient,or angry if other people brings
> up suggestions which I don't agree, and won't use sarcastic tones to
> reply newbie's messages.

That's a noble attitude.  Unfortunately not everybody adheres to it all
the time - especially in public electronic forums.  I am afraid, you
will have to deal with sarcastic comments - one way or the other. :-)

>   I apologize for my rush on my some
> inappropriate comments/reactions anyway.

I did not feel offended.  Apology accepted - just in case. ;-)

Cheers

	robert