Hi,

I am a complete newbie to Ruby, so if this is not the right forum for
this, please let me know.  We're trying to do some migration using ruby
(on Oracle) and I get an error that I don't really understand.

One of the components is the migration of a file that defines Oracle
Types.  Below is a snippet of the sql defined (the real sql is more
complicated -- I stripped it down to this simplified version that
outputs the same error).

-- RUBY file

class CrosstabReportsObjectType < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def self.up
        type = File.open(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), 'type',
'testSQL.sql')).read
        execute(type)

  end

  def self.down
        execute('drop type crosstab_report_tbl')
    execute('drop type crosstab_report_obj')

-- SQL File (testSQL.sql)

BEGIN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'DROP TYPE crosstab_report_tbl';
EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL;
END;
/
create table tester2 (counter int);
/

-- ERROR Message
rake aborted!
OCIError: ORA-06550: line 6, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "/" : BEGIN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'DROP TYPE crosstab_report_tbl';
EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL;
END;
/
create table arisdw.tester2 ( counter int);
/

I get the above error when I try to run it.  The forward slash seems to
bother the script when its run -- any ideas on how I can make this run?

Thanks in advance.