On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 11:50 +0900, James M. Lawrence wrote:
> = Linalg - Ruby Linear Algebra Library
>
> A Fortran-based linear algebra package.
>
> http://linalg.rubyforge.org/
>
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=273
>
> Statically-linked binaries (no dependencies required) are available for
> Win32, Mac, Linux, and Cygwin.

If you want to dynamically link -- for example, if you have a
dynamically linked lapack-atlas on Gentoo Linux -- how difficult is it?
Atlas runs like a scalded duck on my Athlon64 X2!

> Since all 1498 Lapack routines are available from ruby, there's also a
> potential niche for those seeking to optimize bottlenecks with specific
> Lapack routines.

Yeah ... hence my question about dynamic linking above.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
ruby-perspectives.blogspot.com

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfrd Rnyi via Paul Erds