thiagobrandam wrote:
> I don't know if this is the best way but here it goes:
>
> Every .class file that has a correspondent class I may use in a .rb
> file, I can merge them in a .jar file. Then, I just have to call
> require 'name_of_the_file.jar' (if it's in the same directory). To use
> a particular class, say ClassName, just call import 'ClassName'.
> Everything else is pretty much the same as though you were only using
> Ruby (except for the fact that you must use jruby to interpret).

Cool!  Thanks.

> As for whether it would be better in a jruby list, I didn't know that
> the scope of this one was MRI solely. Next time I'll think twice
> before posting newbie questions in the wrong places. Sorry for any
> incovenience.

No inconvenience, and I also don't know if JRuby  questions are welcome
here or not.  The list is ruby-talk, not c-ruby-talk or mri-talk, so I
vote Yes on general JRuby usage questions.

(Of course, I do a lot of work with JRuby, so I'm biased.   But Ruby is
Ruby, and this list seems amenable to question on using C extensions and
such, so I think we're all good.)

--
James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com   - Wicked Cool Coding