Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:50:27 +0900,
> Lucas L. wrote in [ruby-talk:316284]:
>> > The one-click installer is compiled with VC6.  You have to
>> > compile ruby with gcc and GNU make by yourself.  Once you could
>> > compile the extension, the resulted binary is compatible with
>> > the one-click installer.
>>
>> Surely I can just use nmake? (I have VC2005).
>
> Since VC2005 is binary incompatible with VC6, so it's absolutely
> impossible.

Not according to a blog post I read the other day. It said you can fake
it by changing the manifest and commenting out the line that checks or
something.
Anyway, not wanting to play with Ruby, I managed to get VC6 and it
compiled, but I got segfaults when using the class. Not much I can do
about that...

Thanks anyway!