Peter K. wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Does anybody know how to deal with this gem problem ?

Hello. I have encountered a similar problem. I am running Windows XP
SP2. If you just want to skip hpricot and continue updating your other
installed gems, you can do that by renaming the gem specification file
for hpricot under this directory:

C:\Ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\specifications

just look for this file: hpricot-0.6-x86-mswin32.gemspec

and rename it, in my case i renamed it to:
hpricot-0.6-x86-mswin32.gemspec.bak

i believe that hpricot-0.6-x86-mswin32.gemspec is the key to solving
this problem in windows but since i am also a noob to ruby, i guess
renaming this file will suffice for now. i believe the gem update
command looks into the gem specification file for update parameters. and
since for some reason the update will not work, i guess it is best to
"fool" gem update into believing that you do not have hpricot installed.

i think you can then manually install or update hpricot by using this
command:

gem install hpricot --platform mswin32 --source
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net

as gerson pointed.

but i think it would be better if we can sort of edit the gem
specification of hpricot so that it will point to this location when the
gem update command is issued. i just don't know how to do it. does
anybody know?