> Well, an absolutely minimal web application would just involve putting
> a Ruby script in your cgi-bin directory. No httpd.conf changes
> required.
>
> Ruby comes with a CGI library that makes doing this easier--it handles
> parsing the request, formatting the reply, forms, cookies, sessions
> and the like.

I have written this simple example:#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
print "contex-type: text/plain\n\n"
print "Hello Ruby...!\n"

I named it simple.rb and put it in /../cgi-bin
When I call it from the browser I receive this message:
===
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/simple.rb on this server.
===

What am I missing?

> You can take this a step further by incorporating Ruby as a module in
> Apache. Have a look at mod_ruby in the Ruby Application Archive for
> installation instructions.

But instructions lack how to to compile it as a static module to Apache.
Did somebody have done it? Is it like PHP to link it to Apache (same
operations)?

Thanks.

Jilani

--