* Paul Prescod (paul / prescod.net) wrote:

> My vague recollection is that PHP has no threading primitives.

That's correct; there's an extension which provides fork and some signal
handling stuff, but embedding this in a webserver like Apache is a big
no-no.

Zend 2 (the language stuff behind PHP) is mainly concentrating on it's
new object model and exceptions; I'd be very surprised if we see
threading in there in the next few years, if ever, unless it maybe
embraces Parrot.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-