>Maybe it would be a good idea not to invent another proprietary server
>page syntax, but to create XSP for ruby. XSP was originally invented
>in Apache's Cocoon project (http://xml.apache.org) and was then ported
>to Perl (http://www.axkit.org). In my opinion it is the cleanest
>approach, because it strictly separates application and presentation.

Well, then you might like to hear about my project!  It's a framework
*VERY* similar to Cocoon 2 for Ruby.  Currently runs under Apache using
mod_ruby!

I plan to release the first version for public consumption on or around
monday.  I need to do two things over the weekend to prep it: finish the
basic documentation and get the sample application to a point where it's
useable.

The sample application is currently online at: http://links.terralab.com/

and the sitemap is at: http://links.terralab.com/sitemap.xml

Go ahead and login as guest and poke around.  This application is
something I had written in Cocoon1, half assed ported to Cocoon2, and am
now rebuilding with my framework in Ruby.  I've been itching to get it
done, but as much as I like Cocoon2, I just don't have the Java bug,
hence my framework.  The remote links application will make a perfect
example of how to build applications with the framework and will grow
with the framework overtime.

Since this will be the first version of the framework, it will have some
limitations (one of those being the lack of XSP pages), however I do
think my project is ideal for an XSP implementation.  I will add them in
eventually (unless somebody else does it first).

I don't have an internet connection at home at the moment, so if you
have any questions ask them now as I won't be able to answer after I
leave work today.  However, come monday morning I really hope to be
uploading the first useable version.  I'm really close now, just those
last two things to do and maybe one or two bug fixes.

Bryan