Jilani Khaldi <jilanik / tin.it> writes:

> I am a new comer to Ruby World and I ask how to write a minimal web
> application with Ruby, and how to configure the file "httpd.conf" to
> make it work.

Well, an absolutely minimal web application would just involve putting
a Ruby script in your cgi-bin directory. No httpd.conf changes
required.

Ruby comes with a CGI library that makes doing this easier--it handles
parsing the request, formatting the reply, forms, cookies, sessions
and the like.

You can take this a step further by incorporating Ruby as a module in
Apache. Have a look at mod_ruby in the Ruby Application Archive for
installation instructions.

Ruby also has a PHP (or ASP) like facility called eRuby, which lets
you embed Ruby within a web page:

    It is now <%= Time.now %>

Hope this helps.

Dave