Hi,

In message "Re: [RCR] #59 Add fsync method to IO class"
    on 02/01/19, Eric Lee Green <eric / badtux.org> writes:

|>   * how common are they?
|
|Extremely common in any database system.

OK, fine.

|>   * what if it's not defined on the platform?
|
|Then it's a NOP, and transactional stuff won't work reliably (shrug).
|Which is no different from the current situation.

We have to make up consensus about fdatasync.  Choose one:

  (1) fsync and fdatasync; NOP if not exist
  (2) fsync and fdatasync; error if not exist
  (3) fsync only; NOP if not exist
  (4) fsync only; error if not exist
  (5) we don't need both

I won't vote for 5; maybe I'm going to vote for 4.
							matz.