On Sep 29, 4:13   ﮮ
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Robert Klemme<shortcut... / googlemail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> > There is not much spam (yet) so I would not want to
> > waste more bandwidth on this. At the moment it seems there is more
> > bandwidth wasted on spam discussion than on spam itself.
>
> Hmm Robert, might this not have something to do with our mail
> providers, I indeed have to agree that gmail's spam filters are quite
> effective, so that this does not seem to be a problem...
> ... for us.
> However if others are complaining maybe they cannot filter that effectively.
> Tom maybe you can provide us with more detailed info here?

I manage the Google Group. So I make spam reports and delete messages
manually from the group archive as needed. I've seen approx. 1 to 2
SPAM message a day for a few weeks now, and one day there were 5. It's
not overwhelming (yet), but it is enough to be annoying.

I know it wouldn't be as convenient, but could we make it so that a
Usenet post could not come through the gateway unless the poster was a
member of the mailing list? (That's how it is with Google Groups.
Btw.)

T.