On Sep 30, 2008, at 7:30 AM, Hubert picki wrote:

> I am using Iconv library wrapper to convert texts to UTF8, but it's
> throwing "Iconv::IllegalSequence" exception.

You can add a //TRANSLIT to the end of the "to" encoding to have Iconv  attempt to convert characters to reasonable equivalents in that
encoding. This is usually more helpful when your input is all one
encoding and just has some characters that won't translate well (like  a UTF-8 กฤ going to ISO-8859-1).

Your case of mixed encodings is probably best handled with //IGNORE
instead, which asks Iconv to skip over any characters that cannot be
converted.  You will loose some data with this, but it will convert
what it can.

You can also use //TRANSLIT//IGNORE to convert what can be converted
and skip the rest.

Hope that helps.