On Saturday 27 September 2008 05:59 pm, Milenko Stojadinovic Cvrcko
wrote:
> Hello, this is Milenko Stojadinovic from town Banjaluka,
> Bosnia and Herzegovina, also known as Cvrcko
> Does anyone know of any bars in town where I can

Sorry to waste bandwidth / feed the trolls, but I find this annoying.
I'm probably rehashing an old subject, but isn't there some fairly
simple way to keep this stuff of the list?

I looked at the email headers and see this:

'
     comp.lang.ruby.  This service provided as a courtesy
     to the ruby-talk mailing list.  If this message is SPAM, its
     ultimate origin is Usenet, not this gateway program.  All
     subscribers to the ruby-talk mailing list agree to receive the
     Usenet postings made to comp.lang.ruby via this gateway.  Please
     see http://www.ruby-lang.org/ruby-talk-usenet-policy.html.
'

The http://www.ruby-lang.org/ruby-talk-usenet-policy.html link doesn't
work (doesn't have any subject matter content), nor does the similar
www2 link that it refers to.

I guess you don't have to be subscribed to a Usenet list to send stuff
to that list? (I don't recall)  And presumably, anything that gets to
comp.lang.ruby gets forwarded to ruby-talk (without filtering or
similar)?

I guess it's not that easy unless someone wants to add some filtering to
that Usenet to mail list gateway.  (Is that a two-way gateway--I mean
do emails from ruby-talk get sent to comp.lang.ruby?)

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.